Friday, December 17, 2010

First Challenge

It's been a while since my last post. It's been really busy lately and it's only now that I had time to write again. The good news is, I have my first race up ahead. It's on Feb 6, 2011 and it's called the Condura Run 2011. 

It's the only race in the Philippines that uses the Skyway once a year. Plus, you're running for the dolphins. How cool is that? I love dolphin,s although I haven't encountered one up close. But I love running more. Anyway, the good people of RunnerSpeak are gonna register me as consolation for the prize I wasn't able to claim. I find them so awesome for hooking me up. Thanks RunnerSpeak if you're reading this. 


The thing is I was supposed to be racing at 5k but a good friend of mine, Ice, talked me into taking 10k instead. And so I did ask to be registered at 10k. I've been running only once or twice a week for the past few weeks because of time constraints and major exhaustion. But starting this week, I will be able to train seriously for my first race. This is serious because I'm just new to running and I'll be pushing myself to run 10k. But hey, I'm running to push myself further right? So it'll all be fine just as long as I train well. Lord help me. 


I'll be posting more on my training soon. I gotta lose some weight as well so I'll be lighter come February. Keep running, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment