Monday, November 8, 2010

Takbuhing Guy features a Takbuhing Mamaw: Vincent "Ice" Rodriguez

For those who don't know what a "Mamaw" is, it's a colloquial term we Filipino runners use for people who have monstrous abilities in sports. It literally means 'monster', hence the term. Anyway, this mamaw is responsible for inspiring me into taking running seriously. He's a father of three, a Christian, and a seriously improving runner. He's joined several races already and is continuously training and joining prominent races here in the country. Here are 21 random questions I had him answer:
Century Tuna Superbods Run 2010
1. How and when did you start running?
I started running 2 years ago but put my heart on it this year only, a friend of mine who is into the sport encouraged me to join him and been running with him since then.2. How often do you run in a week?
Two to three times a week short runs at least 10k and once a week long run 15-21k 
3. How do you balance running and other aspects of your life?
If there are other important things that i need to attend to like my family,i cancel my schedule in running.I make it a point that theres no conflict with my schedule in running with family and work 
4. Favorite training exercise?
LSD 30-35k at least a month
5. Best race by far?
Auto Review Run 10k-56:45
6. Worst race?
Running as a bandit, i did a run the night before a race event and i did bad on the day of the event, never mind the time.. 
7. What's your favorite distance? PB in that distance?
Conditioning myself for a 21k race
8. What shoes do you use?
 I'm using Mizuno but dreaming of using an Asics
9. Favorite Singlet?
Adidas KOTR singlet
10. Who's your Personal Hero?
 A friend of mine who did 102k this year and will join in 151k in Bataan Death March
11. What's your ultimate goal in running?
To do my first ever full marathon injury free
12. Any running related injuries so far? How did you handle it?
 Dead toe and blisters-used tape, arm and leg sunburns-petroleum jelly and scratches on nipple-band aid 
13. Any memorable running experience?
35k from Sta Rosa Laguna to Tagaytay from 4am-9:30am 
14. Have you ever ran in a place that was so awesome, you would definitely recommend it to other runners?
 I love running out of town and enjoy the beautiful scenery of God's creation ( Tagaytay,Laguna,Clark) 
15. What's on top of your Christmas wishlist?
New pair of running shoes and Garmin watch
16. Do you usually run alone? Or with a group?
I run alone on week days,and with a group during saturdays (long run) 
17. How did you form your group? How often do you guys run together?
A group of friends whom i met in church who had a common interest in running invited me to join the group " Running Freaks and Pace Partners " and been running and training with them for the past 5 months now. We always do LSD on saturdays and scheduled out of town runs 
18. Morning runner or evening runner?
I was a night runner but didnt bring me anywhere in improving because i am really tired at the end of the day so shifted to be a morning runner, fresh and full of energy and a good way to start a day 
19. Favorite running music?
I dont use music when im running, i prefer to hear the natural sound around me 
20. When is your next race?
My next run will be on Unilab Run United where i registered in 32k category

21. Any tips for beginners like me?
Discipline is very important, put your mind into it and your body will follow. Rest,sleep and run..

No comments:

Post a Comment