Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Week

It's been a week since I bought my shoes and I've logged more or less about 10kms this week. Almost half of which I logged just this Sunday morning. It was grueling yet fulfilling. This was my route:


Most runners wouldn't even consider this an LSD but I would. I didn't even plan this. I just went my usual route in the village and felt bored so I kinda thought of extending my route until I decided to run all the way out at the main highway and then around the back entrance of our village. It was thrilling! I didn't have breakfast and all I consumed before running was a bottle of vitwater. Probably why I felt empty after the fourth kilometer.


Well, I didn't run all the way through. There were times that I had to stop because it's either I'm crossing the road or somebody was about to sideswipe me because the highway didn't have a decent sidewalk and I had to step out of the road. Also, there was a point at the third kilometer where I had to go up an overpass to cross the road and that's when I felt how tight my calves were. After crossing, the next road had a sidewalk. It was alright until the sidewalk seemed quite uneven with the shifts on it as (hardly) seen in this picture I took with my cellphone. 
I didn't know if the uneven terrain would benefit me or injure me but I kept running as much as I can despite the tight calves and numb foot. Oh yes, and I walked off the numb foot before I started running again to finish the route. 


Good thing I had a good stretch before and after the run to lessen the pain when I wake up the next morning. I'm not so sore right now as I'm making this entry. Just icing my left calf. Overall, I'd say this run was great. I never thought I could still push myself further and cover this much distance. And I'm looking forward to harder workouts this coming week. I just wish I wouldn't be too exhausted from work to wake up early in the morning the next day. One thing is for sure though, I'm really enjoying running like I never did before. 


Keep checking my updates here in this blog. I know I was supposed to feature another Takbuhing Guy like me in this post but my experience this morning was too satisfying that I had to put it here. Anyway, the feature will be posted tomorrow. Keep your clickers here 'til next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment